Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cakes and Parties, Part 2


Four days later, we celebrated my baby's first birthday!  I can't believe how time has flown.  She is so precious and a blessing to our entire family.  

My sister, Rebekah, took this picture of her!

I had found this cake on a blog that I follow and just had to make it for her first birthday.  It turned out great!



I was able to get a silicone large cupcake cake pan from The Christmas Shoppes for $4!  The blue melted chocolate was brushed into the base and I let it set several times and then unmolded it.  After the cakes were baked in the cake pan I then shaved off the base cake to fit into the chocolate shell.  I made 2 layer cakes for the base, stacked and layered them with homemade buttercream frosting, and covered them with homemade marshmallow fondant. The colors for the flowers and the bow were just made with food coloring added to the fondant.



I loved the idea of a haute chocolate bar, so I made chocolate pops to melt into steamed milk, homemade marshmallows and other mix ins (candy cane bits and white chocolate) for the hot chocolate.  
It was really good.












Cakes and Parties, Part 3 coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment